While they were originally used for their durability in commercial settings, they can also be very inviting and easy to maintain in residential settings which is why they are found even in basements, kitchens, and main living areas. One of the most appealing aspects is the smooth “monolithic” look they offer. No joints and no edges. Our epoxy coatings can be installed in a wide variety of colours and dramatic finishes. When combined with metallic pigments, they are nothing short of artwork. Other options are vivid solid colours, colourful vinyl chips, and sublime coloured quartz surfaces.
WHY RESIDENTIAL EPOXY FLOOR COATING?
Epoxy floors are great for residential use because they are long-lasting. Also, you can resurface old existing floors in your home with an epoxy floor coating. Epoxy flooring comes in different colours as well as finishes. If you are looking to enhance the aesthetic appearance of your floors, epoxy is worth checking out. There are many benefits to epoxy compared to other surfaces.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF RESIDENTIAL EPOXY FLOORING?
- The floors have a UV protective coating. Even when exposed to sunlight, the color will not fade.
- It is durable and scratch resistant. Getting floors that last a long time will save you time and money in the long run.
- Epoxy floors are 6 times stronger than a concrete floor. You can get an epoxy coating over concrete floors for extra strength.
- The floor is aesthetically pleasing. You can choose a color or finish that matches your style.
- It is resistant against gas, oils, and other household chemicals. As such, you do not have to worry about spilling anything on your floors.
- Epoxy flooring is also waterproof. Other surfaces become very slippery when there’s water on it.
Garage floor epoxy is resistant to moisture, dirt, chemicals, and salts making it ideal for those living in climates where rain and snow are common as the seasons change. Further, coating your floor prevents dirt and dust from spreading throughout your garage and on your possessions, typically caused by dust that is kicked up by foot traffic or vehicles. A garage floor coating acts as a sealer, thus making dusty garages a thing of the past. Your garage will be safer, cleaner, and much easier to clean. A garage floor coating will also protect your concrete from chemicals and salt (if you live in an area where salt is used in the winter). Salt is extremely corrosive to concrete and over time will cause significant pitting and corrosion of the surface.
When it comes time to clean your garage floor epoxy coating, you will notice that much less time is required. With simply a mild soap and mop, or a broom, messes are picked up easy and without hassle. This comes in handy particularly during the winter when the roads are coated with salts.
Interested in getting epoxy flooring for your home? After all, epoxy is durable and easier to clean than other surfaces.
Key Questions to ask your resident epoxy installer:
Can you guess the part of your home that your builder spent the least amount of time and effort on?
Your Garage, we find garages without vapour barriers, with cracks and holes from low value cement.
- How long has your contractor been doing this? If he or she has just watched a u tube video – you shouldn’t have high hopes.
- Does the installer know anything about moisture transmission rates and measurement? High moisture and force toppings off
- Proper preparation and repair are essential for outstanding long-lasting floors. Just sweeping or sanding the surface leaves unstable laitance that can cause the topping to fail. Surfaces must all be prepared by shot blaster or Sase diamond vacuum grinders to ensure a good bond to surface.
- Coves? A cove detail is a process where the floor is toweled up the vertical perimeter of the garage to form a radius. This is a typical detail in institutional applications and allows you to spray down the area and protect the dry wall or foundation of your garage.
- Surface appearance of quick install flake systems. Beware of one day installation venders. These systems tend to be uneven and flake floors shadow through or have a very scaly finish that will hold dirt and debris.
- Garages are similar to any home renovation; you get what you pay for. The lowest quote usually isn’t the best value. Garage floor should last for years. If you just want a basic system that you have to recoat every few years due to break down, we are not the company for you.
- Garage season is short; Epoxy need warm temperatures and low humidity levels to cure. Many garages overhead door leak from the exterior. If you have drainage problems in your garage an experienced installer can correct these issues. An experienced installer suggests leaving your overhead door open a few inches and protecting the exterior from containments.
- Can you apply epoxy to more than garages? Yes, you can apply epoxy to almost any cement surface including pools decks, outdoor kitchens and basements.
WHAT IS THE INSTALLATION PROCESS LIKE?
We will prepare the floor properly. Our team will fill any cracks or pits if necessary to ensure the epoxy coating goes on smoothly for a perfect finish. After that, we will install a primer, a solid coat, and a topcoat. The process can be completed over one or two days based on the size and condition of your space.